1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cleaning a keyboard

Discussion in 'Personal' started by emmadrg, Nov 6, 2011.

1. emmadrg

emmadrg New commenter

This works really well, and you have loads of fun blasting people in the ears with it as well!
    I unplug my keyboard, tip it up on its side and bang gently on the desk, then either hoover or tip it upside down and grimace at the amount of Ryvita crumbs that fall out. Then wipe it with antibacterial wipes.
    The kids at school seem to be adept at prising off keyboard and laptop keys. Maybe ask them for some advice.
    Could do with a new one myself but rather attached to this one now.

2. I don't usually eat near my laptop but its three years old now and its got lots of fluff under the keys. I vacuum it whenever I do the floor but I really don't like the idea of taking the keys off.
    Compressed air?
    A wee nozzle?
    Never mind the keyboard, that sounds like fun all on its own. [​IMG]

3. emmadrg

emmadrg New commenter

You can get the cans in PC World and Currys and the like.
    If I'm feeling particularly naughty I torment the dog with it. [​IMG]

4. modelmaker

modelmaker Occasional commenter

Ok, so that bit was a joke. Up the anti and invite friends or neighbours to play the game as well. the top scorers get to shag, and while they're at it, the others ponder how to best spend their time.
    Why not play it at work? It would be far more interesting than discussing each other's lunch is or the lazy bar stewards who never wash up.