1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Classy hen party

Discussion in 'Personal' started by twinklelittlestar, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Hi,
    I have the job of dressing the room for my friend's hen do. I need some ideas for a really classy look. Was thinking of helium balloons, possibly a few personailsed - Any recommendations of places to get these done? Also wanted something as a centre piece for the tables - no idea what though, any ideas? Also want a really classy looking personalised banner - any recommendations of where I could get one made? Have never done anything like this before so any ideas welcome. I have about £100 to spend.
    Also, my friend is anti that whole L plate dressing/ stripper/ rude dares shebang, but I did want to organise something for her in terms of a game or something. Any good ideas?
    Many, many thanks

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Helium balloons and a personalised banner don't come in the same category as classy, I'm afraid.

3. Classy hen party? Oxymoron...

4. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Senior commenter

I think it might be better to forget the 'hen' label and think about it as you would a special birthday party.
    Where is it taking place?
    Flowers are classier than balloons etc.

5. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

I know of a hen party that went on a murder mystery weekend or night. So something fun without being tooo tacky. Mind you, tackiness is relative!
    Would 'getting married' paraphernalia be slightly less tacky than hen stuff? I agree that flowers and champagne are more classy than balloons, etc.
    Maybe you get personalised balloons and banners of the happy couple? (although many would still class this as tacky!)

6. tartetatin

tartetatin New commenter

Sorry, on re reading your OP, I see that you were asking about personalised balloons and banners. I tried googling just that and loads came up! I'm afraid I'm unable to make any personal recommendations as I've never had to do this.
    Good luck!

7. Flowers- tulips are fairly cheap at the moment and are symbolic of love, large bunch of them in a vase as a centre piece. Church candles in square low vases along the table- simple but elegant ana again, fairly cheap.

Cranium is an awesome game. Great fun but without being vulgar.

8. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Personalised balloons - I have to say the website leaves a lot to be desired (IMO) but I have used these http://www.balloon-printing.com/ and the service & quality couldn't be faulted. I can send you a pic of the ones I had done
    OF COURSE you can have a classy banner, its all in the design/material. I have made some previously out of a cream cotton and handpainted the lettering (blown up and traced from word) with fabric paint. This gives a more 'rustic' look and can be beautiful with the right font & some TLC. Or you could do bunting which is very on trend ATM...
    For an easier solution (although the material tends to be vinyl so IMO not as elegant) Vistaprint always have offers on. x

9. gruoch

gruoch Occasional commenter

Dammit - you beat me to it - word for word [​IMG]

10. Bunting is much nicer than a banner - classier even. :)
    If you must go down the balloon route, plain white ones would be ok...
    Tea lights in glasses, or fairy lights make most rooms look prettier. Mini Chinese lanterns are lovely too.