1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Classroom/School Hire/Rent

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by Acezain, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Acezain

Acezain New commenter

Hi ,

i just wanted to ask if anyone works in school and is familiar with the letting process of classroom after school or during the weekend ?.

Whats sort of paper work do they require - if i wanted to rent a classroom for the weekend to tutor kids instead of the library?. I'm obviously self employed , so i don't have any company files but i can provide DBS check and proof of identity . Would they need public liability insurance too?.

Any advise would be appreciated especially rom people who rented from schools in london .

2. langteacher

langteacher Occasional commenter

I've not done i . I just work from home . I assume they'd want PL insurance
    Think carefully about what and how you're charging if you're taking on a group .
    Upfront payment which is non refundable. Otherwise you'll end up with a different amount each week

3. gainly

gainly Lead commenter

This probably isn't the right forum if you are hoping to find someone responsible for letting rooms in a school. Why not just ring your local school and ask them? I imagine with schools being so short of funds they'd be keen to find ways of making money. I'm certainly aware of a local school which lets classrooms on a Saturday for 11 plus classes but I don't know anything about the process.