1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Classroom presence & voice

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by TESDANI, May 1, 2012.

1. TESDANI

TESDANI New commenter

Does anyone have any tips on helping improve voice and presence in the classroom, I'm supporting a teacher whose teachin personality needs to be strengthened. I've suggested lowering voice tone, meeting drama teachers to practise posture and body control. Can anyone offer any additional help?

2. TESDANI

TESDANI New commenter

Does anyone have any tips on helping improve voice and presence in the classroom, I'm supporting a teacher whose teachin personality needs to be strengthened. I've suggested lowering voice tone, meeting drama teachers to practise posture and body control. Can anyone offer any additional help?

3. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

I struggled at the start of my career to "tell off" pupils (what language to use, etc). What really helped me was to have a colleague do that within earshot (or sometimes she'd come in and rollock my class). It helped me build up a bank of phrases and expressions, as well as imitate her tone of voice.
    At the end of the day, if he/she isn't willing to improve it, it's going to be an uphill battle, because they'll apply the techniques only when observed, and then get back in their comfort zone the rest of the time.