1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Classroom Materials?

Discussion in 'Science' started by Craigy87, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Hi all!

I'm going to be starting as a newly qualified teacher of science/Chemistry in a couple of weeks. Earlier today, I went in to have a look at the classroom I'll be using and have decided that it needs a makeover!
    I'm quite capable of putting u new display boards and cleaning out bits and pieces, but I feel it would be nice to have a couple of posters (in particular a periodic table - a chemistry classroom without a periodic table?! Not good!)
    So, my question is: do any of you know any places that might be able to help out with (free) chemistry, or general science, posters?

Thanks for your time!
    Craig.

2. Hi all!

I'm going to be starting as a newly qualified teacher of science/Chemistry in a couple of weeks. Earlier today, I went in to have a look at the classroom I'll be using and have decided that it needs a makeover!
    I'm quite capable of putting u new display boards and cleaning out bits and pieces, but I feel it would be nice to have a couple of posters (in particular a periodic table - a chemistry classroom without a periodic table?! Not good!)
    So, my question is: do any of you know any places that might be able to help out with (free) chemistry, or general science, posters?

Thanks for your time!
    Craig.

3. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Star off talking to the technicians - always good to discuss plans with them. They may well know where the departmental stock of posters is. My experience is that we get more posters than we can use - there are bound to be some somewhere.
    Failing that - get your students to make their own - each one does an A4 sheet with 1/2/4 elements depending on the size of your available space.
    Enjoy the new room
    Best wishes
    P

4. I jotted a couple of emails to the societies and got plenty of good stuff to use! Physics and Chemistry being the best! Some of the Pharma companies have done stuff before but I didn't hear much from them - due to recession I suppose!

5. try Association of British Pharmaceutical Industries or Practical Action.
    search for them on-line

HTH