1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Classroom Management

Discussion in 'Primary' started by t00060105, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am moving to another classroom and am looking to buy soft seating such as story cushions and bean bags for my library area.Can anyone recommend a good website with reasonable priced items.
    Thanks

2. The Range is really good for bean bags and large floor cushions. They have a wide selection at reasonable prices - my mother uses some of their products in her own classroom. Hope that helps!

3. Hey thanks for that but I didnt find it had a great range.I couldnt find large floor cushions but normal home furnishings.The bean bags are reasonably priced.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

IKEA often have such things in their children's section, but not always. And you generally need to go to the shop rather than online.

Amazon also have large cushions sometimes.

5. Have you got a Dunelm Mill nearby? They can be good for beanbags and cushions but I'm not so sure about their online store.

6. Surely your not going to use your own money here!??? Use the school budget and if there's not enough, tell them
    to sort themselves out!

7. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'd be careful about taking advice such as this. Telling your school to 'sort themselves out' would not be a good move.

There are plenty of threads discussing the merits or not of spending one's own money on school resources. Some teachers do and some do not. Either is fine as long as the teacher is happy with it.

I have lots of cushions and blankets/throws bought at various points over the years. They have followed me from school to school and class to class. By having my own it saves me repeatedly trying to persuade a school to spend money on non-essential items.

8. Thanks for that advice.I am new to this and welcome all advice.I thought I would buy it myself as I would be taking them with me to each class whereas if the school bought them I wouldnt have the same option or would I?

9. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

You wouldn't in my school if you changed phases as the budget is shared out in that way. I'm moving from year 6 to year 2 and so wouldn't get to take them, but from year 6 to year 5 I would have done.

Actually it is academic as there is no way my school would have bought them!