1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Classroom management recommended texts

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by lmead16, May 8, 2016.

1. lmead16

lmead16 New commenter

can anyone recommend any high quality texts for classroom management and behaviour management? I'm struggling to find what I need.

I'm looking for something more academic and research theory based, rather than suggestions of what works.

Many thanks

2. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Start with Taking Care of Behaviour by Paul Dix. Although it is a handbook to help teachers manage behaviour he refers to recent research and in the back of the book there is an good bibliography which you could use for further study.

lmead16 likes this.
  3. sparkleghirl

sparkleghirl Star commenter

Sorry, dived in without realising you want academic texts

lmead16 likes this.
  4. lmead16

lmead16 New commenter

Thank you, it seems harder to find academic texts on this than I first thought.

5. Flere-Imsaho

Flere-Imsaho Star commenter

Presumably you have access to a university library and online journals if you are a student?
    There's a lot out there but often in reference to specifc techniques and methods. Other texts refer to dealing with certain groups of pupils. Is there a specific aspect, age or setting you're interested in?