1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Classroom furniture wanted

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by zedman, Jun 18, 2011.

1. I for a year 2 class. I only need it for a year, so My school is in London, but I could arrange collection from anywhere.

Thanks

Much to my suprise, I am opening an additional year 2 class and need tables and chairs. As I only need the furniture for a year my options are: (1) buy inexpensive furniture that is comfortable enough, (2) see about hiring some or (3) taking some that someone else does not need.

If you have any experience of 1 or 2 or recommendations I would appreciate the advice.
    If you have yr 2 furniture you are getting rid of over the summer and it would last for another year, I would be delighted to take it off your hands.

Thanks

2. I for a year 2 class. I only need it for a year, so My school is in London, but I could arrange collection from anywhere.

Thanks

Much to my suprise, I am opening an additional year 2 class and need tables and chairs. As I only need the furniture for a year my options are: (1) buy inexpensive furniture that is comfortable enough, (2) see about hiring some or (3) taking some that someone else does not need.

If you have any experience of 1 or 2 or recommendations I would appreciate the advice.
    If you have yr 2 furniture you are getting rid of over the summer and it would last for another year, I would be delighted to take it off your hands.

Thanks

3. Waterfin

Waterfin New commenter

Have you contacted your local authority and asked whether they have a surplus store anywhere? In the past we've been able to fit out our staffroom etc on the surplus furniture that was salvaged from schools that had closed.
    Just a thought.

4. Thanks, I tried this. They have plenty for older children, just none for younger children.

5. What about any schools that have been in the BSF scheme. We're getting rid of loads of things, much of it has been claimed by other schools in our area who're not benefitting. We're a sec school unfortunately, so wouldn;t suit your needs

6. We managed to get some cupboards and adult chairs from a BSF school, but it looks like we are going to get the catalogues out and start ordering new. If anyone wants year 2 nearly new chairs and tables next year, let me know.