1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Classroom Entrance...

Discussion in 'Primary' started by cazzarazza, Apr 15, 2011.

1. ..at the moment my classroom entrance is a curtain(all 3 classes have this)It is a thick green one which has been up for years. My topic this next term is Heroes and Villians based on Harry Potter.I am going to ask the children for their own ideas regarding the entrance but wondered if you had any thoughts?
    I am thinking lots of large cardboard or fabric owls stapled/sewn on to material or a strong cardboard free standing in front of curtain ..old castle? We have been asked to brighten up our doorways!!!!(as if we haven't got enough to do!!!)
    Any ideas?
    cazzaxx

2. ..at the moment my classroom entrance is a curtain(all 3 classes have this)It is a thick green one which has been up for years. My topic this next term is Heroes and Villians based on Harry Potter.I am going to ask the children for their own ideas regarding the entrance but wondered if you had any thoughts?
    I am thinking lots of large cardboard or fabric owls stapled/sewn on to material or a strong cardboard free standing in front of curtain ..old castle? We have been asked to brighten up our doorways!!!!(as if we haven't got enough to do!!!)
    Any ideas?
    cazzaxx

3. If it were me, I'd be looking at curtains that fit the themes of my different topics and change them with the topic. E.g. Ebay has lots of Harry Potter curtains in different sizes. Or some seasonal fabric to change it three times a year.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

You could buy some calico cheaply enough and get the children to decorate with their ideas of heroes and villains?

I too would change the curtain with the topic.

5. Thanks-here am I trying to turn it into an all singing, all dancing wonderful child initiated curtain and forgetting the simple things!!!
    Thankyou! will be trawling e-bay now!x

6. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Just a word of warning - you need to check if there are fire regulaions about curtain material in classrooms, especially one that covers the entrance/exit.

7. harsh-but-fair

harsh-but-fair Lead commenter

I agree. It sounds like a H&S nightmare.

8. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide