1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Classroom Displays

Discussion in 'English' started by sebedina, May 5, 2011.

1. sebedina

sebedina Occasional commenter

Does anyone know how I can learn how to do attractive and eyecatching classroom displays? Are there any books out there?? I know it sounds silly, but I really haven't got a clue where to start.
    Where can I get learning ladders for wall charts, displays and various boards and how do I display the work?? We don't have any teaching assistants so I have to do it myself.
    Where can I find these posters and stuff like that?? Some classrooms look fab and colourful but mine is old and tatty and is looking unloved and is in need of a revamp.
    Any dvds I can buy on this??
    Many thanks

2. sebedina

sebedina Occasional commenter

Does anyone know how I can learn how to do attractive and eyecatching classroom displays? Are there any books out there?? I know it sounds silly, but I really haven't got a clue where to start.
    Where can I get learning ladders for wall charts, displays and various boards and how do I display the work?? We don't have any teaching assistants so I have to do it myself.
    Where can I find these posters and stuff like that?? Some classrooms look fab and colourful but mine is old and tatty and is looking unloved and is in need of a revamp.
    Any dvds I can buy on this??
    Many thanks

3. sunflower48

sunflower48 New commenter

Have a look on some of the primary websites, Primary Resources is one. Primary schools excel at displays, colourful, interactive and assessment focused. I usually do something that prompt students as they are working on something and then try to put up some of their work. Laminate lots of your basic things so that you can use them again and again, but in different areas of your room. Don't forget also to hand things from the ceiling as well!
    Good luck

4. sunflower48

sunflower48 New commenter

Yes it is not our responsibility to put displays up but unless you have a designated admin assistant to do it, it never gets done. I care too much about my classroom environment to leave things on the wall for terms on end, and in some cases, years on end!!!! Once you have laminated topics you are doing it makes life easier, just get the folder out and put it up on a different wall. If you have different groups each year then it is something new for them.