1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

classroom concerns

Discussion in 'Primary' started by LGR22, Mar 8, 2012.

1. That actually made me laugh out loud, but I'm not going to write LOL as it annoys me.
    I could add so many more names, but I won't.
    What do I find doesn't work? Anything that is a new initiative for new initiative's sake. Anything that doesn't have the education of the small people at heart. Anything that is done to make the Haed look good with other Heads. Anything that has a product as an aim rather than the learning as an aim. Am I bitter and cynical? Yep

2. greta444

greta444 New commenter

So, so true. Let's stick to teaching pleeeaaase.

3. EY_Teacher

EY_Teacher New commenter

The teacher we all call 'The Witch'.

4. Agree with all above. My main issue is feeling under valued, by the school, Ofsted, parents, government...

I know teachers work long, hard hours but I feel this is too much for anyone!

5. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

SLT talking about school improvement constantly, but doing very little to effect it!

6. The SMT having management time to think up things for us to do to improve as a school, and the minions not having extra PPA to put all the extra things in place!

7. dc521

dc521 New commenter

My major classroom concern: Getting the one child who is exceptionally loud to shut up!
    My school concern: ramming the Ofsted report where it belongs (up the lead inspector's **** sidewise).

8. Badly behaved children who need to understand that their behaviour will bring sanctions instead of endless 'understanding' of their problems, to the detriment of other children's comfort and opportunity to learn.

9. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Constant focus on SEN pupils' progress. What about the average kids? What about the clever clogs?
    Plus the constant feeling that SMT are standing outside the classroom door with a very large hammer. Lots of documents being put in pigeonholes. How to teach an outstanding lesson. New conditions for Performance Management. New regulations for Teacher capability. "Please read and note main points". Main points = From next September we can kick you out by the end of term so watch your step and fill in those forms we keep giving you.

10. The amount of time required to do the ever-increasing number of pointless jobs which have very little or no impact on teaching and learning. The resultant decreasing amount of time left to dedicate to teaching and learning.
    The "do as I say, not as I do" attitude of the headteacher who expects the world for each and every lesson (and for it to be written in green pen) and who does not do those things (or write in sodding green pen) for the lessons he teaches.