1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Classroom based enquiry research assignment HELP?

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by CamielJones, Oct 31, 2018.

1. ArtyCamel

ArtyCamel New commenter

Good evening!

I'm currently trying to figure out a question for my classroom based enquiry research as I want to look into integration of literacy within the art department with year 10's but my mentor said that I'd have to have a question and I just can't seem to figure one out.

If anyone out there can help, that would be really helpful!
    Thank you!!

2. fluffy81212

fluffy81212 New commenter

There are a couple of things to consider before you can choose the question. Firstly you need to know what the research goal is that is being set by your training body. I have 2 pieces of classroom research this year. One is around an intervention how it is implemented and considering it's success, the other is around improving something either within your own practice or within your school setting. This will help you narrow down the questions you will ask. The second thing to consider is what interests you as this is what will motivate you through the research. After that questions don't need to be complex.

eg What is the most effective way of measuring progress in literacy within Art? or Literacy was introduced into the art classroom using the following 3 tasks. Compare and contrast.

3. ArtyCamel

ArtyCamel New commenter

Ok perfect! Mine is an intervention and how it would be implemented within our placements. And not knowing the school very well and I have two weeks to propose, I am slightly concerned haha!!

Thank you for your reply, it has really helped!