1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Classroom animals

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by tunnockscaramel, Sep 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. tunnockscaramel

tunnockscaramel New commenter

Hiya,

I was wondering if anyone (particularly in a secondary science classroom) has managed to keep a classroom pet?

I was doing some research and I was considering getting a shrimp tank or an ant farm or something super low maintenance?

Thanks,

Kirsty

2. maggie m

maggie m Senior commenter

Not in a classroom but we have a tank of tropical fish in the foyer of the science block.The techs and the caretaker are happy to look after it.

3. tunnockscaramel

tunnockscaramel New commenter

What happens during the school holidays?

4. FrankWolley

FrankWolley Star commenter

[​IMG]

;)

5. Skeoch

Skeoch Lead commenter

We have a rota for that - technicians and teachers pop in to feed fish, change water, whatever. Not difficult to organise.

6. peter12171

peter12171 Star commenter

Classroom animals...

Bottom set year 9 o_O

littledragon25 likes this.
  7. rthomas2015

rthomas2015 New commenter

We have fish in the science workroom and a gecko and axolotl in one of the classrooms. Stick insects are also good.

8. maggie m

maggie m Senior commenter

Our senior tech is full time so gets 5 weeks holiday a year and is in for at least part of the holiday. Same with the caretaking team so no problem in feeding the fish.