1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

Classical Music Workshops for KS3 and KS4 (whole school) Arts Enterprise day

Discussion in 'Music' started by spockwilson, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Hi. In order to raise the profile of 'sophisticated' culture, we are having an arts enterprise day, with a focus on performance in general and classical music. Being head of Music (amongst my many job roles) (will stop now incase the fact that I spend less and less time teaching the subject I am trained to teach in order to prevent a rant [​IMG]), I have been given the task of organising this. Does anyone know of any organisations that would be able to provide a good value for money, motivating and engaging classical music workshop? (any period of Music history will do)

Thanks in advance![​IMG]

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Have you asked what your own County Music Service can supply? In our county we have various music groups - wind, string etc that will come into schools and work with the pupils.

3. If I was working in my previous LA, then without a doubt, I would have gone to them. My current music service are quite inflexible about what they can supply, and in the past when I have worked with them on other projects, they have not fulfilled the requirements or engaged our students. I am sure you can read between the lines! But thanks for the reply. I need something really creative that can engage students who largly due to cultural issues get minimal exposure to any Music. I'll find something in the end!