1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Classboooks, how do you use them?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Robfreeman, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Robfreeman

Robfreeman Occasional commenter

After my autocorrect screw up lets try again

I was having a discussion and it's ones I hear over and over again what do you use the classbook for. To me the classbook is a record of the students efforts in lesson. Others say it's to show progress over time. Although I'm unsure how the classbook shows this as the topics frequently change. Also unless your consistently grading lessons I'm unsure if the progress is tenable. Others believe that they are for notes to revise from.

What do yo think the aim of the classbook is for?

How do you think it should be use to achieve this?

2. sbkrobson

sbkrobson Star commenter

It is for the kids in order to have something to revise from in order for them to have the best possible chance in their exams in order for them to have as many choices as possible in shaping their futures. And looking forward, it will sometimes be something for a kid to put in their box of most prized possessions which they keep through to adult hood. If it's the subject they really loved, if they did something manifestly amazing, if the teacher gave them their only gold star ever.
    However, it seems none of my managers believe me when I tell them all of this. For them, it is a quasi forensic trail of evidence that I am failing if that is what they choose to seek. Funny that-it's got the kid's name on the front, not mine.

SundaeTrifle likes this.