1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Class worship help please

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Danielle1988, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Hi, I am an upper ks2 teacher who needs to do a collective/ class worship for 2 days a week. The worship has to be around 15minutes long.
    Does anyone have a good website or ideas??

2. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

3. Brilliant, thanks. Are more ideas added over the year? The ones on now are good but there are not many

4. marlin

There are lots - make sure you browse the whole site - click on the links at the top of the page - and use the search function to find assemlies by theme.

5. Gratzia

Gratzia New commenter

A Collective Worship is not an 'assembly' - well not in a Catholic school anyway.

6. marlin

7. How about this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schoolradio/subjects/collectiveworship Would do once a week and requires no planning!

8. Hi, In my school (Catholic) ouur upper KS2 children plan and deliver their own class worships. They choose a theme (friendship/caring for people when they are ill/something that they have seen in the news, etc) and choose a song, a story and write a prayer to say at the end of the worship. They also choose something to pass round the circle and tell their peers what they have to contibute eg. Say what makes a good friend, say one thing you want to thank God for, etc.
    Obviously as a Catholic school we get an RE inspection to follow OFSTED and at our last inspection, they liked these worship formats. (We got outstanding.)
    Hope this helps!

9. Gratzia

Gratzia New commenter

Carolinerose,
    I found your post very useful - some good ideas.
    Thanks.

10. Carolinerose - what a lovely idea. We're Anglican and had an equally successful RE inspection, but as an UKS2 teacher that sounds like a fab idea. Will share with my RE Co-ord, although I might try it with my class first! - many thanks.