1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Class teachers: would this be annoying?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Lilybett, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Finished my final placement just before Xmas. Was in a lovely school, got on really well with all staff, went to social events and stuff with them, fantastic relationship with my mentor, etc. Had such an amazing placement, and after some difficult experiences while I was training, it built my confidence right back up and I will just be eternally grateful to them [​IMG]
    So. I was just thinking: I'd like to send 'my' old class a little card, just to say hello, wish them a lovely summer and best of luck for going into Y6 next year. Don't want to be a pain, though - I mean, I left the school six months ago! I guess my mentor could just not read it to them if he doesn't want to, but I can't see that. I just over-think everything ha ha and wondered if any class teachers would tell me: would they see this as a sweet gesture they didn't mind or an annoying imposition?!
    Ta xxx

2. I think it would be lovely, and I bet the class will love it too. When I was in year 1 and had a student, in the autumn term, she came back at Easter for a concert and the children were thrilled to see her, so I'm sure a card from you will be a lovely reminder !

3. slippeddisc

slippeddisc New commenter

That sounds like a nice idea.

4. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'd be stunned if my autumn term student did any such thing, but would love to have had a student who thought the way you are.

I also think the children would like to hear that you have passed your course and thanks to them feel really confident about being a 'real' teacher now. Aswell as wishing them good luck. I bet they'll love it.

5. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

I think it would be a lovely idea. I'm still in touch with the student I had this time last year. We exchange email updates every few months and hopefully she'll be coming in to see the kids do their leaver's assembly. They still ask about her, where she's teaching now and is she coming back.

6. Thanks all of you for your reassurances. I bet you're like the lovely mentors I've had [​IMG]