1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Class swap KS1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbowdrop86, Jun 24, 2011.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

I know there's a very good class swap thread on here, and ive been looking at all the fab ideas, but many of them are ks2 based. Thought it would be a nice idea to start one solely for ks1. Im particularly looking for getting to know you games suitable for yr2.
    Im planning on getting children to write targets for year on a kite, reading for a display. Im also going to get them to decorate numbers 1-100 to have a class decorated hundred square.

2. Ill be keeping most of my class, staying in the same classroom, and taking them through to Y2 so it will probably be an average morning and I will spend it getting to know the few new ones I will have.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I think I am going to do this as well. I'm going to have year 2 (did I mention anywhere just how exciting that is going to be??!!) so will need a large hundred square.

Not sure it will fill two hours though.

Going to do some circle time games and name learning names on my part. I'm going to ask them for a list of all the things they have liked about their year 1 class and so would like me to carry on with in year 2. Also anything they don't like.

4. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

can you recommend any name learning games

5. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Nopes!

We have inspectors in on Mon and Tues and transition is next Fri. I'm not even thinking about it properly yet!

I've played circle games with beanbags before. Whoever throws has to say the name of who they throw to and the catcher repeats their name.

6. I have given them all card cut out as jigsaw puzzle piece and asked them to decorate and write their name - at end have joined them together as an 'our class' display. Have also given them a shield to decorate split into 4 - eg me, my family/friends, what I want to be, something unusual about me.
    Ummm ... have also had them do some simple maths - eg how may different patterns can you make from same multi link etc. Once read 'Giraffe's can't dance', stopped half way, and they wrote a letter to Gerald.
    I do enjoy doing a bit of Maths and Literacy so I get an idea of them for the next year.
    Hope this helps! xx

7. Thinking still ... how about the circle time game when you get a ball of wool/string and pass it along the circle whilst saying someone's name/something nice about them? Make sure everyone has had it -they pass and then hold the bit by them. It reinforces the idea that we all have talents but again are all a class together. Will continue to think! xx