1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Class room desk tidy

Discussion in 'Primary' started by oldsomeman, Dec 18, 2010.

1. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Can anyone help please
    I remember seeing in a classroon a desk tidy/organiser.....It was a plastic tray into which you could store whiteboards and which had compartments for rulers, pens, etc.there was enough space to store 6 whitboards and relaebnt pens etc.The tray sat on the tables/
    I have searched the internet but i have failed to track this down.
    Any ideas please? Thanks

2. Was it not one of those cleaning caddy things?

3. Hi Oldsoneman,
    I bought mine from Ikea, clear white plastic.
    SAMLA insert box Article Number: 50102973
    I also bought the GLIS BOX with lid for pen, pencils, rulers etc. Article Number : 10073345
    Best boxes I have ever bought for school. Keeps everything neat and tidy. Tables have never looked better. Kids love them better than pencil pots and cat litter trays.

4. oldsomeman

Thanks for the ideas both of you
    The ones i have seen are plastic and store it all together in what looks like a cleaning caddy....but has more compartments for rulers , pens etc
    At the moment i have thier coloured pencils in cheap poundland boxes,,,,,,but we have problems with pencil disappearences and over sharpening.........hence soon to be removal of sharpeners
    It is just they have under desk storage and the hassle to get out whiteboards and pens is unbelievable,so i want ot store them on top of the table as i use them a lot in lessons.
    Mind you i would like a sticky adhesive which keeps the child stuck to a chair as well.......lol

5. They have them here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=cleaning+caddies&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=6661939914&ref=pd_sl_315elwgykr_b

http://mydeco.com/p/draper-cleaning-caddytote-tray/GB000215MU76ZS7RTFU2YKQPZPUDG2ONUA3KUKUN/
    http://www.diytools.co.uk/diy/Main/sp-44-1878-109356-draper-cleaning-caddy-tote-tray.asp

They also sell them in ASDA for about £1 each but not sure if they are split into compartments.

6. oldsomeman

thanks for the links but its not really what i want.......these caddies dont have any handle.......really they are like a caddy but a ;box'......these i think are specifically made for classrooms.I have looked at the main suppliers of classroom furniture but they dont seem to have them.
    Oh well il keep looking.......possibly one of the smaller suppliers of classroom bits and bobs.

7. Hi, I'm thinking of making chair pockets for students to put all their bits and pieces in, I have seen one which you can make from a pillow case. I can send you some instructions on how to make it - very simple!

8. oldsomeman

thanks ,,but no thanks,.they are a naughty class which is why i want to keep them on their chairs lo
    If i put those on the chairs goodness knows what they might deposit in them lol

9. I have those boxes in my classroom but I don't know where they came from as I am on supply there! Sorry. I'll try and find out for you, they ARE very useful.