1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Class Profile

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by Ralphy123, May 20, 2020.

1. Ralphy123

Ralphy123 New commenter

Hi, I am setting up class profiles for new intakes in Sept. I am looking for advice and guidance on what should be included? What should all teachers know about their class pupils and how should it be presented to be accessible and workable. Any ideas on templates or examples.

Thank you!

2. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Assume you are thinking in addition to all data - not exhaustive ...eg CATs / Reading and Spelling ages / into from Associate schools / SEND Record and T / L guidance ..... most of this is collated centrally and then distributed to staff from experience. If you were the class teacher what would you want / need to digest - beware overload !

3. Symingtons

Symingtons New commenter

Surely it depends on what year you are talking about? I was often a Y12/13 Form Teacher - I imagine what I needed to know was very different to a KS1 or 2 teacher.

agathamorse and minnie me like this.
  4. minnie me

minnie me Star commenter

Yah . I also think there is a ‘ not so subtle ‘ :) difference between knowing the students as individuals in your class and having a ‘ group ‘ profile . Perhaps the OP will clarify ?

agathamorse likes this.
  5. tb9605

tb9605 Established commenter

This is what i use, if it's any help...

I can send you a word version if you want (it won't let me attach a word file). Just message me with your email.

Attached Files: