1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Class performances using picture story books

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by julias2007, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Hi,

Has anyone used a picture story book and converted it into a class performance? Mine is coming up and I would appreciate some ideas. I've already used The very hungry caterpillar...

2. Hi,

Has anyone used a picture story book and converted it into a class performance? Mine is coming up and I would appreciate some ideas. I've already used The very hungry caterpillar...

3. We do it all the time.

The Gruffalo (have one mouse, one Gruffalo and groups of foxes, snakes and owls)

Some of the Tony Ross stories are great to do . I think we've done 'I want my dinner' (focus on manners) and 'I want to be'.

The Bad Tempered Ladybird

The Pig in the Pond

Urm, mind's gone blank now.

4. We did one snowy night with 45 children. The words were generally lifted from the books and we had loads of dances to involve all the children. It was great and the illustrator came in to talk to the children. We even found songs that would fit.

5. which songs did you use?
    Many thanks.