1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Class fundraising ideas

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Ems123, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,

I love taking my class on trips or getting people in to talk to them but I always dread asking the parents for money, especially as we go on a 3 day residential visit as well. I was thinking about having a class fundraiser at the beginning of the year to put towards trips. I think that a sponsored 'something' would probably bring in the most amount of money but am struggling for some fun ideas. We make films half way through the year and sell the DVDs which is a great opportunity to make some money but I'd still like to do something at the beginning of the year. If anyone has any brilliant fundraising ideas then please let me know.

2. Cake sale
    Tombola
    Bring and buy
    Car wash (may need to get some bigger children/adults to help depending on the age of your class
    children 'make' something to sell, decorate mugs, make a calendar (good time of year for that is around Christmas)

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I'm assuming you are year 6?

Make cakes (refrigerator cake type things that don't need cooking). Children bring in the ingredients in groups, make the cakes and sell them after school on the playground.

Car wash of teachers' cars one afternoon.

Make a school magazine and sell it to all.

Sponsored anything you can think of.

4. hammie

hammie Lead commenter

tombola idea
    give each child two "paper" cups. ask them to return them filled with something suitable, taped together and decorated. Obviously take note of allergy issues when advising the contents.
    Generally they go for sweets, so maybe they would want to label with beware nuts or similar.
    Not original, nicked from a colleague
    they can make more than one if they wish.

5. Thank you! These are all great ideas! Sorry, forgot to say we are Year 5. I think I'm going to do a sponsored 'something'. Just need to think of that something!

6. Have you considered a 'coin drive'? It involves asking parents/friends/neighbours to donate their leftover euro coins from holidays and business trips to a worthy cause. Very easy to organise, relatively painless for the giver and fun for the children too. We will then exchange those coins into pounds. For more information, please visit www.webuyeuros.co.uk/school-fundraising-organise-a-coin-drive

7. Spugs21

Spugs21 New commenter

Hi, we did loads of enterprise stuff last year to raise money- kids were in groups and all came up with different idea for a business- we had a competition to see who could raise mist money in the term. 1group organised a school disco, 1 ran a lunch tine kareaoke club , 1 sold ice pops after school. They loved it and we raised a fortune! If you want to do something sponsored we did a sponsored bounce which was really fun ! Class next door did sponsored silence and they actually loved it- walked round school all day with a whiteboard and pen!