1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Class dojo - how good are they?

Discussion in 'Welcome lounge and forum help' started by ANGELAmm, Apr 10, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ANGELAmm

ANGELAmm New commenter

Hi,
    My school are thinking about bringing in the class dojo, has anyone used this system and do you have any advice?

2. stupot101

stupot101 Established commenter

You may receive a better response if you post this on the behaviour forum.

I have been to a few schools as a primary supply teacher, and it has worked very well. The children seem to respnd to it!

ANGELAmm likes this.
  3. ANGELAmm

ANGELAmm New commenter

Thanks stupot101! Just posted on the behaviour forum too.

4. SportyK

SportyK Occasional commenter

I use it for my class, have done since it went live 6 years ago I think.
    I only use it for tracking caught being good. The children really enjoy it as they have their own avatar.
    As a 'whole school' implementation you could use it far more effectively and graph behaviour trends and use it as an analytical tool rather than how I use it 'independently'. It is great for encouraging positive behaviour. However I don't use the negative sanctions element because if you give a reward it seems counterproductive to take it away.

Some things to consider:
    What are the reasons for using it?
    Have you had a look at it yet?
    Can you trial it for free first?
    Do you have a say as to whether or not your school buys into it?

ANGELAmm likes this.
  5. SportyK

SportyK Occasional commenter

Talking of good motivational tools you can use, have you had a look at timestablerockstars?

We've bought into it and it's working really well. It's a daily times table challenge and the children can log in on an evening online to challenge each other and buy stuff.

ANGELAmm likes this.
  6. Waiguoren

Waiguoren Occasional commenter

Hi there,
    Sorry I'm a bit late to this thread, but I hope you don't mind if I comment anyway. I'm a big fan of Class Dojo and recommend it wholeheartedly.
    At my school we have a system for giving housepoints. Adopting Class Dojo, and using it to give the housepoints with, made the whole system much more fun and run much more smoothly. The teachers found it easier and the kids loved it. In addition, the extra Class Dojo features - the timer, the random chooser, the Big Ideas videos - were most welcome.
    We're now just about to transfer to giving Parent and Student Accounts, after I trialled them with my class. The reaction was very positive - I found that having these for my parents saved me a lot of work and raised both the quantity and quality of communication with parents - and the parents themselves loved it.
    I have found using Class Dojo to be a very positive experience, on the whole. The Helpdesk includes a comprehensive library of "how to" articles, and the Class Dojo consultants were most helpful. I can recommend Class Dojo for any school.