1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Class Changeover Day Ideas

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by Hleasty, Jun 15, 2011.

1. For my NQT year I will be teaching Year 4 and will be having a class changeover morning in a few weeks. Has anyone got any good ideas of what activities I can do with them? The children will already know eachother. I wuold quite like to do something that I can use for a display for the start of term to avoid bare walls so any help would be appreciated!

2. etakbennett

etakbennett New commenter

Hi
    Hope this helps
    https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/50-ideas-for-meeting-your-new-class-6049443
    I'm doing passports and tje jigsaw with my new Y6 class,
    Kate

3. Amazing! Thank you. Now just have to decide which activity to do!

4. I will also be an NQT in year 4 in September, really excited but so nervous at the same time! Some of these activities look really good. Think I will do the jigsaw one, the silent ordering one and the 3 things about them, one being made up. Good luck!!!

5. I'm debating whether to do a variation of "five expectations" or to make kites! I also love the idea of having a "dream tree" but think I will leave that one to the beginning of term. I'll use the silent ordering one and do a general circle time if I have time. I am so nervous!