1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Class Blogs

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by jfb57, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Do you have a class blog? I comment & link with lots of class blogs & have been thinking about where they could go next. Here's my take on it http://bit.ly/dVYPE6
    Let me know what you think!

2. Do you have a class blog? I comment & link with lots of class blogs & have been thinking about where they could go next. Here's my take on it http://bit.ly/dVYPE6
    Let me know what you think!

3. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

I'm in a bad mood and don't know why, I have not had a rant on here for a while so there's some pent up stuff about to go off...
    I think it's full of self indulgent tripe that I couldn't give a tupenny hoot about. If it had a word cloud (what's that pointless website that generates a word cloud of most listed words in text that people see to think is going to help kids learn?), the biggest one would be "I" - wordle that's the puppy.
    I just don't understand why people set up these blogs and then self promote like their opinion matters. If I want to know what film to watch I read Empire or listen to Mayo and Kermode on radio 5, I couldn't give a monkeys what Joe Public thinks about it on their blog or twitter feed. What amazes me is that these people think that their opinion might ever mean anything, do you really believe that some media exec is going to drag you out to be the next big thing? Half of the blogs that I stumble across have dozens of posts and no comments from anyone
    Now create a blog that links to useful resources and I am with you, I'll read it - the one from teach-ict is fabulous, no "me,me,me" in there, jst good quality stuff that I can use. Look you do something like that I will even link to it just like this link here and the reason is that earlier on today I downloaded the programming posters about fizz buzz and laminated and put them on my classroom wall. I saw your blog and there is nothing useful just your opinions. Now I know why I am angry, you took 2 minutes of my life that I can't claim back and made me waste a further 10 writing this. Damn you wannabees...............

4. djphillips1408

djphillips1408 New commenter

and then I scrolled down on your blog to see a "resource centre" and now feel like a fool. Oh well fair play to you and keep up the good work in that area. Still don't care about your feelings on blogging though [​IMG]

5. Hello Jason Isaacs ;-)

6. DEmsley

DEmsley New commenter

To be fair DJP the OP DID say something along the lines of "Click here to see what *I* think". So you can't really have a rant when s/he tells you what s/he thinks can you?
    It did what it said on the tin.

7. Perhaps I did provide a service DJP in getting your rant out rather than keeping it inside festering & doing you harm! ;)
    Yes, there is a resource centre that I hoped would provide a central space for good tried & tested ideas.
    BTW - hope your week is a little better now! ;)