1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Class blog: so confused!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rainbowdrop86, Aug 20, 2012.

1. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

I really hope someone can help me!! I've been desperately trying to work this out for over a week now. I want to set up a class blog. As its a yr2 class I'll be doing all the posts, but I'd like to allow time for them to comment during ICT slots, and also so they can comment at home. Parents will also be encouraged to comment. I've set up a blog using Wordpress, simply because I have a personal blog with them, it's easy to use and I can do it with my mobile. I understand how parents can comment, needing to leave a name and email address. However, when it comes to the children, they don't have emails provided by us and it's not something we're planning on doing. Those of you who have a class blog, do you just turn this off and just moderate comments? Just concerned about public not needing to leave an email address

2. We use a class blog and I have set up one email address that all the children use when submitting comments. They tend not to comment at home as one group is given 'blog time' during each guided reading session.
    Just make sure that you are using the strictest moderation on Wordpress so no comments are published until you have looked at them and you should be ok. Hope that helps!

3. deeley

deeley New commenter

My children don't use an email address...but they are year six and I do have complete moderation of comments before they can be published. Hope you find a way to make it work for you. I love class blogging!

4. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

Thank you. I've just set it so I have complete moderation, and I'll encourage them to leave their name in their comment. I love the idea of having a blogging session during gr. will have to see if I can incorporate that into my carousel.