1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Class Assembly on Growing Plants Yr1

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Fairy7, May 31, 2007.

1. Anyone got any ideas for a class assembly based on plants and growing? Yr 1 class assembly argh!

2. Anyone got any ideas for a class assembly based on plants and growing? Yr 1 class assembly argh!

3. got one on growing - retells jack and beanstalk. might be too hard for year 1 though. are you interested :O)

4. I am certainly interested, I'm sure it could be adapted. Which yr group did you use it for? Could you e-mail it to s0304264@glos.ac.uk Thank you very much!

5. jog_on

jog_on New commenter

I have done an assembly on growing plants. Basically we showed our work to start with and then we thought about what a plant needed to grow. I made a large plantpot and stuck it onto a chair. A child crouched down (wearing green) and gradually stood up...as a child poured imaginary water into the pot. Then the flower opened (a child put a headband with a flower on onto his head).

Just an idea.

"We've been growing little flowers in our class" and other lines linked to the topic to the tune of She'll be coming round the mountain!

6. it's not mine, i found it somewhere and saved it just in case. :O)
    you should have mail

7. Thanks Wolfblass, I have got your mail! Yes JogOn I thought of something similar to your pot idea but using a piece of string as the stem, but I like your green clothed child idea. We grew sunflowers so the chidren could explain the growing process sticking on leaves etc. Thanks all!

8. If possible could you post me your assembly as well on growing plants. I was also thinking about doing it about Jack and the Beanstalk. Thank you very much really appreciate it!

9. Hi,

I have a script I am able to send you. You will need to change it up a bit but you're more than welcome to use it.

Email me: nicolajsullivan@hotmail.com

Cheers

Nikki

10. Hi I am now doing an assembly on growing plants and am looking for some ideas. Are there any scripts that I can see and change?

11. Hi
    Have you still got your green plants class assembly? I really wanted to act out a story and Jack and the BEanstalk is perfect. Any chance you could send it to klovatt@sgfl.org.uk if you have.

Lots of thanks in advance!

12. Hi, I too would appreciate your help as I want to hold a similar Year 1 assembly on the growing plants theme. Could I please ask if you would send me a copy of your assembly to htrump.305@lgflmail.org . Thank you loads in anticipation!

13. Oops!! Re my previous message, my email address should read htrump.307@lgflmail.org - thank you once again.

Hilda

14. Hi
    I would be grateful if you could send me any assembly ideas you have on growing. Got to do a year 1 assembly and the Jack and the Beanstalk idea sounds interesting!!
    Thanks
    Gillian

15. Hi
    I would also be grateful if you could send me your assembly ideas. Sounds good!
    thanks,
    LB
    lucky_lu@btinternet.com

16. Do you still have a copy of the assembly still i knw it was from a while ago. I am due to do a y2 assembly on green plants.
    jennifero_shea@hotmail.com
    Thanks
    in advance
    Jen

17. Any chance I can have a copy too?

Thank you very much,

looby21@gmail.com

18. Hi there,

Please could i have a copy of your script. Thanks very much, eg88@hotmail.co.uk

19. Hi Nikki - saw your post - could you send me a copy aswell please?
    Many thanks
    Melissa
    melissal@btinternet.com

20. Hi there,

Is there any chance you could send it over to me too? Have parents coming to watch and want it as perfect as possible!!

My email is deputyheadprimary@iss.ac.th

Thank you so much in advance.