1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Class assembly - fathers day song?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by Alibobs, Jun 12, 2010.

1. I have just found out it is my reception class assembly on Friday about fathers day.
    I am thinking that all the children can paint a picture of their dad (or grandad, big brother, uncle, significant male etc) hold them up and say "I love my Daddy because he takes me to the park." etc, but I am struggling to think of a song they can sing at the end.Any ideas of songs (maybe about the whole family to make it a bit more inclusive) or anything more exciting?
    Thanks!

2. I have just found out it is my reception class assembly on Friday about fathers day.
    I am thinking that all the children can paint a picture of their dad (or grandad, big brother, uncle, significant male etc) hold them up and say "I love my Daddy because he takes me to the park." etc, but I am struggling to think of a song they can sing at the end.Any ideas of songs (maybe about the whole family to make it a bit more inclusive) or anything more exciting?
    Thanks!

3. Msz

Msz Established commenter

http://www.songs4teachers.com/dadsongs.pdf

do all your children have a daddy in their lives?

4. Thanks Msz.
    Not all of them do have dads so I was trying to think of a song about all the family but have a complete mind-blank.