1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Clarification On Gove's May 23rd Statement regarding OTTs Qualifications

Discussion in 'Overseas trained teachers' started by hollyleaf, Aug 11, 2011.

1. I wrote for clarification and this was the response that I got.

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" id="yiv259064740Table1" style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12pt;"><tr><td colspan="2">Thank you for your email of 27 July to the Secretary of State for Education regarding a statement he made on recognising some overseas teachers&rsquo; qualifications. I have been asked to reply as Mr Gove is unable to write to you personally due to the high volume of correspondence he receives.

www.education.gov.uk

The link to the announcement is: wwwww.education.gov.uk/inthenews/inthenews/a0077464/new-plans-allow-schools-to-employ-overseas-teachers-more-easily

Please note that the policy change relates to England only as other UK countries decide their own policy.

I hope this clarifies the situation.
    </td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">
    Yours sincerely
    Francess Quinn
    Public Communications Unit
    www.education.gov.uk

</td></tr></table>

2. I wrote for clarification and this was the response that I got.

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" id="yiv259064740Table1" style="font-family:Arial;font-size:12pt;"><tr><td colspan="2">Thank you for your email of 27 July to the Secretary of State for Education regarding a statement he made on recognising some overseas teachers&rsquo; qualifications. I have been asked to reply as Mr Gove is unable to write to you personally due to the high volume of correspondence he receives.

www.education.gov.uk

The link to the announcement is: wwwww.education.gov.uk/inthenews/inthenews/a0077464/new-plans-allow-schools-to-employ-overseas-teachers-more-easily

Please note that the policy change relates to England only as other UK countries decide their own policy.

I hope this clarifies the situation.
    </td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">
    Yours sincerely
    Francess Quinn
    Public Communications Unit
    www.education.gov.uk

</td></tr></table>

3. I'd hate to be waiting with an end date looming... in my case my 4 years is up October 2012 so technically if it was all approved it would be ok, but if it somehow got drawn out for what ever reason it might be too late to look to get QTS some other way... Fortunately for me, I jumped through their hoops early on... after being here for 12 months (working supply) did a PGCE and have just finished my QTS year in a permanent job. When I go back in September I will be Head of Department so everything has worked out.