1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Claim back student loan repayments

Discussion in 'Education news' started by neilyjacklin, Feb 5, 2020.

1. neilyjacklin

neilyjacklin New commenter

Good afternoon

I'm just checking to see if anyone else is experiencing a massive delay in even getting a response about their claim let alone their payment?

A colleague of mine claimed the same day as me, she received a reply in 3 weeks and got her money back just before xmas... I've not even had an email with a decision yet!

And of course they have no telephone number so all enquiries are being conducted by email.

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

3. neilyjacklin

neilyjacklin New commenter

4. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

Thanks for the clarification. I had come across it but don't have any direct experience so can't help you with your question I'm afraid. Hopefully someone will come by who does know. Delays with these things are common!

Coincidentally the DfE updated that page today to add this closing date for applications "You'll need to claim before 28 February 2020". That appears be their rather 'under the radar' way of announcing that the scheme is closing in 3 weeks time. So if you know eligible teachers who haven't claimed yet prompt them to get a move on!