1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Citizenship/Social Scient/Politics - Struggling to get a pre-PGCE placement in Manchester

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by sptracey, Mar 8, 2011.

1. I was wondering if anyone could help? I really want to do a PGCE this year but I am really struggling to find a school that will let me have a week or two shadowing in my chosen subject. I have so far emailed almost every high school in Greater Manchester and have had a very luke warm response. In most cases, the schools have not even bothered to reply to my email!!
    I have a degree and do have some experience working with children as I used to be a panel member for the Youth Justice Board.
    Can anyone offer me some advice? I feel that I am struggling partly due to the fact that citizenship is a minor subject in schools compared to say Maths or English.

As it happens I will have to use my holidays to spend time in a school, which is why I originally emailed en mass. The only thing I can think of doing is hammering the phones, but finding the time during the school day whilst working full time is difficult. Please help!!!

2. I should also mention that I can't go back to my own secondary school, since that is QKS based in Kendal and I now I live in Manchester.