1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Citizenship GCSE

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by madger, Jul 11, 2017.

1. madger

madger New commenter

Hi,
    Can i ask if anyone is delivering any of the new GCSE citizenship 9-1 quals? How are you finding them? I started delivering AQA in September but have found it challenging in terms of content and the students have really struggled (i teach in a KS4 PRU, so levels are also well below average) Have had a lot more success with the prep for working life.
    I am starting a new job in another PRU in september and have been asked if I would do citizenship as well there as they want another GCSE for students, but i've explained about my reservations for this. I wondered if there is an exam board with a spec more suited to these students, or an alternative qualification at gcse level.
    I think partly because i struggle myself with some of the content - having to learn it as i go, then i find it hard to make it fun and engaging.
    Any advice greatly appreciated. Have hated delivering it this year and did not apply for new job just to do it again!

thanks

2. gsglover

gsglover Occasional commenter

Hard going!

3. seanydavies

seanydavies New commenter

Finding it tough - not much to work on really. Expecting poor results but shame as students enjoy it. I teach Year 9 GCSE so not ideal either.

4. liamfh

liamfh New commenter

If its a PRU then does it have to be a GCSE? You could do a FS in PSHE?

5. thecre8tiveresources

thecre8tiveresources New commenter

Love teaching the full course gcse citizenship

6. thecre8tiveresources

thecre8tiveresources New commenter