1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

citizenship baseline

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by playdoe, Jun 23, 2008.

1. playdoe

playdoe New commenter

Hi all

I'm looking for advice regarding testing/assessment in citizenship. I've recently taken over the post if i/c citizenship and been researching how the new levels will be relevant in Sept. Has anyone any ideas of baseline tests or assessment activities as this is totally new to me, and also have to create all schemes of work as before was done in tutor time and not taken very seriously but now given 1hr a week which is progress. Any help much apreciated.

2. playdoe

playdoe New commenter

Hi all

I'm looking for advice regarding testing/assessment in citizenship. I've recently taken over the post if i/c citizenship and been researching how the new levels will be relevant in Sept. Has anyone any ideas of baseline tests or assessment activities as this is totally new to me, and also have to create all schemes of work as before was done in tutor time and not taken very seriously but now given 1hr a week which is progress. Any help much apreciated.

3. I should be able to help - see my reply to the PSHE and Citizenship co-ordinator role posting. I was in the same position as you 2 years ago!

4. I'd resist doing this if you can, I intend to. You have enough on our plate sorting out the SOW, and staff will be unwilling to do levelling for PSHE/Cit anyway.

I am going to hold of for a year or two until the pressure builds for levelling (if it does)

5. playdoe

playdoe New commenter

Cullyk can i email you to dicuss this issue with you further.

thanks for the advice bluenose but i can't put off as i know we have ofsted due is Sept so don't want to risk it just in case. I know i'll have problems as they have made that very clear.

Thanks all

6. are you secondary?

when they came in to see us levelling never even came up though they did ask about assessment.

what did they say to make you think they will focus on it?

7. btw if you are secondary I can email you the three assessments we use for KS3 along with the old SOW that went with it if you want.

8. Yes Playdoe - will be happy for you to email me at katie-jr@hotmail.co.uk.

We had an ofsted visit a couple of months ago and then observed citizenship and asked to see my longterm planning to show how I combined PSHE and Citz. I guess it depends on the individual inspectors - also on what the school has identified in the SEF.

I can let you have examples of assessments, markschemes, programme calendars which show the whole year and even individual SoW!!

9. playdoe

playdoe New commenter

Thanks CullyK and bluenose for your advice. I am a secondary subject and have been warned that my subject might be reviewed as it was just being establised at the last inspection, and with all the new changes they might want to review. guess I just want to have everything coverd just in case.

Any advice would be great my email is lild1032@yahoo.co.uk

i do appreciate your help thanks to you both

10. Jibbut

Jibbut New commenter

I would appreciate if you could send me a copy of any citizenship baseline assessments or schemes of work etc.

johnscott35@hotmail.com

11. I know you posted this message a long time ago. However i am desperately trying to find PSHCE baseline tests and assessment tasks. I am in same situation as you before in a school where PSHCE was not taken seriously and only this September being introduced to the timetable which is progress.

Any help much appreciated

12. Email address is cwheeler@putteridge.org

13. Did you have any joy I am desperately seeking PSHE and Citizenship baseline assessments and assessment tacks

Kind regards

cwheeler@putteridge.org