1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CIS registering and recruitment process

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by kirkdax, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Has anyone been through the CIS (Council of International Schools) registration process and could give me an outline of what to expect?

I have registered a username and password but I am struggling to find out information on the site about what happens next? Do I need to register for an upcoming recruitment event or can I upload details before I have registered for a recruitment fair event?

Any details of your experiences would be appreciated! I cannot find a page on the website which outlines it all.

Many thanks.

2. Sorry, I had used paragraphs but they didn't work!

3. camronfry

camronfry New commenter

I found the process similar to applying for a job. Can't remember if it was apllication form and/or CV and letter of application. They also asked me to provide referee deatils which they checked up pretty quickly.
    The process wasn't entirely clear, but I think they referred to an 'application portfolio' which was all of tha above put together. I seem to remember that it was a bit like a computer game in that the next stage wasn't revealed until the previous one was completed.
    Good luck!