1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cirque du Soleil Totem - anyone seen it?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by highschooler, Jan 16, 2011.

1. I booked months ago for my family to see this show in a couple weeks time at the Royal Albert Hall, as we're all big fans of CDS. However, I've just read a pretty damning review of the show in today's Sunday Times. Has anyone seen it, and if so what did you think? (I seem to recall there's a few CDS fans here!)
    Thanks
    h

2. Oh, really? That's a shame, my school kids asked if we can go again- I took them a few years ago. You have just reminded me to check if there are any tickets....

3. I loved it

4. I've just checked a few reviews online and they seem a lot more postive.
    PFF - did you see Varekai last year at the RAH? How does it compare?

5. my mum just got back from seeing it last night - she loved it and said it was even better than the one they saw last year.

6. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

Have been trying to get tickets but with no success! Will buy yours if you don't want to go!

7. Thanks, but no thanks BDJ!!! We love our days out in London, especially if it involves a CDS show.

8. BelleDuJour

Then stop worrying if it's any good.
    I've seen CDS in London, Orlando and \vegas and NEVER seen a bad one.

9. Yeah, well we've seen them in Birmingham (UK) and London[​IMG]
    I presume the Vegas one one you saw was La Nouba - I've got the dvd and it's stunning!
    Going back to the reviews, I think the problem is that they assign a 'theatre' critic to assess the show, and CDS don't easily fit into into catgories. imo they're unique and superb.

10. BelleDuJour

No. Actually it was Love, the Beatles one and was the best CDS EVER!!!! Also saw the erotic show (can't remember the name). Very different and hilariously fiunny ('it doesn't matter how big a guy's dick is. Long, short, medium. No difference. Until you wanna fcuk him;)
    I am a real CDS fan and gutted not to have been able to see Totem [​IMG]

11. Is it sold out? They added about three weeks' worth of extra dates a while ago.
    I'm really looking forward to it. This time last year we saw Varekai at the RAH and a few years before that Saltimbanco in Birmingham. Both stunning.

12. BelleDuJour

There are tickets but not when I can go (like mid-week matinees....no good with school).
    Tickets are available some shows but only odd ones, so we can't sit together. Rubbish. I am not happy [​IMG]