1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Circus week

Discussion in 'Primary' started by bluerose, May 27, 2008.

1. debate ethics of animals in circus

2. We have the same did you come up with any?

3. KnightRider

KnightRider New commenter

My son's school have done this for the last 5 years. They get these people http://www.shootingstarscircus.co.uk/index.php in and then tie the curriculum for the whole week in to it. Perhaps shooting stars could put you in touch with some of their schools who could give you planning etc, alternatively, I could give you contact details for his school, if that's done? I've never got my head round the nettiquette of giving out details...

Incidentally, it was great for the first couple of years but the children are now pretty fed up with it. The rumour is that with a change of head it won't be happening next year, and I've yet to find a parent who isn't pleased they won't have to sit through another performance!! I think the moral of the story is, don't over-do a good thing!!

4. Thanks alot, that is great I will contact the website and if not I would love to have the details of your son's school. I think this is a one off, but if it looks like repeating, I will share your opinion! Thanks again.

5. I can send you a Circus Board Game that can be used with word cards for reading or spelling, number bonds, tables etc.
    margaret2612@btinternet.com