1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Circle time

Discussion in 'Primary' started by qpr179, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Hello,
    I'm a Y4 teacher and was just after a bit of advice really. I have a class of 30 genuine, nice children but there are often problems socially. Some like to 'rule the roost' and decide who plays which games at break / lunchtimes, others get left out and therefore upset. Others find it hard to fit in because they are new to the school and aren't sure of the 'correct' way to go about it.
    I'd wondered about a playtime rota where one child is 'in charge' on a particular day or using Class Council time to invent new games the children could play.
    Does anyone have any other ideas? I'd wondered about circle time activities or something like that? The problems don't arise during lessons, just during freetime.
    I'd be very grateful for any advice. Many thanks

2. Hello,
    I'm a Y4 teacher and was just after a bit of advice really. I have a class of 30 genuine, nice children but there are often problems socially. Some like to 'rule the roost' and decide who plays which games at break / lunchtimes, others get left out and therefore upset. Others find it hard to fit in because they are new to the school and aren't sure of the 'correct' way to go about it.
    I'd wondered about a playtime rota where one child is 'in charge' on a particular day or using Class Council time to invent new games the children could play.
    Does anyone have any other ideas? I'd wondered about circle time activities or something like that? The problems don't arise during lessons, just during freetime.
    I'd be very grateful for any advice. Many thanks