1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Circle Time ideas for Transition Day

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by hanhan, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Hi everyone,
    I've got my transition day tomorrow with my new year 6 (eek!) class and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for introductory Circle Time-style activities? Was going to start by getting the kids to introduce the person on their left and say something nice about them... Any ideas welcome :eek:)

2. Hi everyone,
    I've got my transition day tomorrow with my new year 6 (eek!) class and was wondering if anyone had any good ideas for introductory Circle Time-style activities? Was going to start by getting the kids to introduce the person on their left and say something nice about them... Any ideas welcome :eek:)

3. I have my transition day tomorrow with Year 3. I am going to ask children to sit in a circle and have a ball. Gonna roll the ball to a child ask them to introduce themselves and say "I am excited about.... and then I am nervous about"

I think this will help me as a teacher with an idea of knowing what children are nervous about and how I can help them overcome that.

4. Hi,
    I had a session with my new year 6 form (to be year 7 in September), I got them to sit next to someone they didn't know, and ask each other questions to find out something about them.

Then I would ask them to introduce the person next to them to the class and tell us one or two things about them. Then they asked questions about me and the school.

I moved them around again and did the same again.

I then left them for the afternoon and spoke to a TA at the end of the day and they told how well the group had got on during the rest of the day - alot of them did not know each other previously - and what I did with them in the morning seemed to work very well.
    Cheerio.