1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Circle games

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by hyssop_puppy, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Read your list and all mine were there. Hokey Cokey was the only other that sprang to mind.
    We also do a version of the bean game that has us calling out the names of different mister men and the children respond as you'd think:
    Mr Bounce - jumping
    Mr Rush - running or walking very quickly
    Mr Slow - walking slowly
    Mr Jelly - as for jelly bean
    Mr Bump - sit on the floor
    Mr Tall - stretch up
    Mr Small - curl up
    I'm sure there are others we use, or you could think of yourself.
    Hope your children enjoy.

2. Our Nursery children love see the little rabbits. They would play that again and again, they also love dingle dangle scarecrow

3. Here you can find a Spanish circle game I've used in English introducing some changes to the original one.

http://misslucysteachingfun.blogspot.com.es/2012/05/circle-games-shoe-behind-you.html

Introducing Time Expressions

My Spanish students know a circle game called "La zapatilla por detrás".
    I persuaded them to play it in English introducing some little changes to the original one and I made the most of it to teach the next concept for my classes: Time.

This is how it works:

- Arrange your class in a circle. Everyone is sitting on the floor except for one of them, who stands holding a shoe in his/her hand.
    Let's call him Carlos, to simplify.

- Carlos starts walking around the circle with the shoe while the class is singing a chant. I personally chose .....