1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CIPP

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by the hippo, Feb 2, 2011.

1. the hippo

the hippo Established commenter Community helper

What are people's thoughts on the Cambridge International Primary Programme? Is it really "international" at all, given that it just rehashes a lot of things from the English National Curriculum? Is it just a bit of expensive repackaging? If the CIPP is really much the same thing as the ENC, why bother with it at all?
    Having done the online "training" for the CIPP, my thoughts and reactions so far are rather negative, I have to say. Not only did the CIPP not bother to mark or grade any of my "submissions", but I am yet to receive my certificate for completing the CIPP.

2. MisterMaker

MisterMaker Occasional commenter

I remeber Cabridge talking about CIPP years ago. It's really trying to compete with PYP, which I don't think is as good the ENC. However, like the PYP it is designed to avoid the Brit centric content of the ENC, and aims for more international mindedness. It was always meant to be based on ENC. As you've clearly done the training you'll know better than me how successful they were at removing the British based parts and giving an international flavour.
    I don't have a primary section in my current school, but would stick with ENC if I did.
    Cambridge as a whole seems to be getting less reliable and useful, so I don't think it's anything specific to CIPP why you haven't received you gold star yet.
    [​IMG]