1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CILT GTP/reference issues

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by gingertea, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Hi Marie-Pierre,

How about asking a colleague who knows you well enough (preferably a teacher) to provide them with a reference letter? I did just that last year and I managed to pass the first round of selection.

Bonne chance,
    GT

2. Problem sorted?
    Just curious.

GT

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

A lot of posters ask a question, GingerTea, then other posters take the trouble of replying, quite often at length, but then the original poster just comes back and, we suppose, reads the reply, but never has the courtesy to say "Thank you" or tell you the outcome.
    Downright rude, I think it is!
    Best wishes

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, you're right.
    [​IMG]
    I must have been in a very bad mood when i wrote that, and I'm really sorry.
    [​IMG]
    But I'm glad that you are not unwell any more, and that you have got work experience lined up AND two referees.
    It must be said, however, that a lot of posters here - Lara, of course, but also Clear_Air, Sillow, Bobby_Carrot, RowntreeGirl, DizzyMai and masses of others - often put in quite a lot of effort answering queries, but only seem to get a reply whn the poster has another question to ask.
    [​IMG]
    But I clearly was in a bad mood, a Big Bad Mood, before, and I'm sorry.
    Best wishes

5. Dear Theo and Marie-Pierre,
    Thank you to both for taking the time to reply (or to remind people to do so). MP, good luck with the CILT. I hope it will go through and that you'll be offered an interview...and a eventually a position.
    Cheers,
    GT

6. It's quite alright, TheoGriff. I was just a bit surprised, as it is definitely not my style to ask for help and then, not even thank people for it.

Again, I am quite surprised by the fact that we don't get any alert when people send us reply. Unless we come on the forum, we don't know. That might be something for the moderators to think about.

Now that I know, I will be spending more time on this forum. I can see a lot of information being exchanged here, which is very helpful.

I am sure I will need lots of help for the CILT GTP interview, if it comes to it.

Have a good weekend!

MariePierre

7. Thank you GT,

I will let you if I get round to the interview and further!

Have a great weekend!

MariePierre

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

A sort of alert, Marie-Pierre, is to make a thread part of your hotlist.
    Can you see towards the top of the page, on the right, a box that says "Add to hotlist"?
    Click on that, and then this thread - or any other that you choose - will then show on the RH side of the screen, and it'll show you when a new post is made.
    This is different from making a whole Forum part of your hotlist - that then shows when someone starts a new topic thread.
    P.S. are you following this: http://elections.interieur.gouv.fr/PR2012/
    Le Lot was the first dept (apart from the DOM-TOM) to declare its results.
    Best wishes

9. Yes! I only realised that last night after sending you my previous message on 'alerts' :)
    Thank you for this TheoGriff.
    I also followed the election results. It is a good link, the one you sent me.

Enjoy your day!

MP

10. Hi GT,

Just thought I would let you know about the news: I managed to get an interview! It is on 1st June. I am very pleased, although, the pressure is now on!
    Have you, yourself, studied with the CILT? Would you have details on the interview process by any chance?

Speak soon!

Marie

11. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Excellent! That's really good news. Well done.
    Now I would suggest that you do some general preparation.
    I am assuming that you don't have to teach a class? So just an interview. Go to the Welcome Thread and open the Interview Tips clickable. It gives lots of tips for how to prepare intelligently, instead of preparing stupidly, by learning off by heart the answers to 100 questions.
    No, I have done all my higher-level studies (BA, MA, PhD) at university, never the CILT. And my Spanish I learned in the street . . . Was at a lycée in Bordeaux for a year when I was 17. That's 50 years ago, I have just realised! Girls alternating blue and pink checked overalls, boys alternating grey and blue ones each week - I'm a real oldie, bet you don't remember that! Your parents will, though . . .
    So do as much research as you can about CILT on line; no tips about the format of the interview, I'm afraid, but if you prepare intelligently, then you should do well.
    We have a tradition on here that when you get a job, you start a brand-new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job! We look forward to reading yours. [​IMG]
    Best wishes.

12. Well, I hope to get to start my own new thread then!

Thank you for the tip regarding the preparation.
    Apparently among other things, there is a 5-minute presentation to teach a feature of my mother tongue to the panel of interviewers. Five minutes is very short! But I will prepare hard for this.

Thank you for your advice TheoGriff. I really appreciate them. And I hope to be able to give you a good news soon.

All the best,

Marie

13. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Just try to do it in an organised way. Tell them what you are going to teach them. Teach them it. Tell them what you've taught them.
    Good luck!

14. You are right. I will have to keep it simple as possible and very structured to. Thank you TheoGriff!

15. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Gingertea - that's helpful!
    I think that this is the thread that GT means:
    https://community.tes.co.uk/forums/t/475773.aspx?PageIndex=3 It is very long . . .
    I wonder if this is of any use too:
    INTERVIEW FOR FRENCH AT CILT PLEASE HELP
    Best wishes

16. Hi GT!
    That's interesting. I actually was wondering the other day what would be best to go for if I had that choice between a position or the GTP. I hope your decision turned out to be good.
    I will definitely look up your thread. Thank you again!

Marie

17. This is great! Thank you TheoGriff for all your help! Both threads are very useful indeed!

Marie

18. Dear Theo and MP

Yes, it's the one...and it is very long indeed. Let's hope MP can find some interesting information on that thread.
    Best,
    GT