1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

CILT GTP French/Interview

Discussion in 'Trainee and student teachers' started by mariepierre, May 8, 2012.

1. Dear all,

I was wondering if anyone has been contacted for the CILT GTP interview or if anyone could possibly let me know what it consists in exactly. I vaguely know about the English test, an individual interview as well as a group one and tests in a second language. However, I would very much appreciated further details such as the kind of questions asked in the English test and in the interviews.
    Thank you very much in advance for your time.

2. Dear all,

I was wondering if anyone has been contacted for the CILT GTP interview or if anyone could possibly let me know what it consists in exactly. I vaguely know about the English test, an individual interview as well as a group one and tests in a second language. However, I would very much appreciated further details such as the kind of questions asked in the English test and in the interviews.
    Thank you very much in advance for your time.

3. Bonsoir Mariepierre,
    Ton entretien c'est pour quand? Le mien c'est Mercredi le 16 et je suis en mode panique.
    La lettre fait mention d'un "group interview", un "English written test" et d'un "micro teaching".
    Il n'y a pas de "second language test" a ce que je sache.
    J'essaye de lire un peu partout. Mais ce qui m'inqiete le plus c'est le "micro teaching".
    Peu etre qu'on peu s'aider.
    A+

4. Hello Langues30. Je viens juste de voir ton message. Do you mind if we write in English? just so others can use this thread.

As far as I know the group interview is with another 3 or 4 fellow candidates, and they will throw questions at us about the education system or all sorts of things.
    I think as far as your second language is concerned, you will still be asked a few questions during your one to one interview. But I think it's just to see your level.

As for the micro teaching, it is like a 5 minutes thing where you need to explain to an audience a particular point of French grammar of your choice. But remember, we are there to learn to teach. If we knew it all, we would be teachers already. I reckon it is for the jury to see if we are able to converse in English, to gauge our enthusiasm, and how easy we present ourselves in front of an audience.
    Does this make sense to you?
    Has anyone any advice to give us? Or any experience to share?

My interview is on 1st June. I chose that date as I needed some time to prepare.

Let me know from you!

Marie

5. PS: je reprendrai le fil de cette conversation ce soir et espere pouvoir t'aider un peu moralement.
    A plus!

6. \hello again,

Tu tiens le coup cote pression?

I have been talking to other people who went through the CILT GTP and I was told that personality is very important. Apparently the questions are not that difficult but the emphasize would be on how easily you address an audience, how enthusiastic you are about the teaching etc...

I hope this helps!

Please do let me know how you get on!

Marie

7. Hi Mari,

Sorry I just saw your reply. I've been busy preparing.
    For the micro presentation it does not have to be grammar only. It has to be a "feature" of your mother language. I was told that the presentation will be in front of two interviewers and we have to pretends that they do not have any knowledge of our mother tongue.
    Did you applied with a school?
    I will let you know how I get on today. Finger crossed.....

8. Hiya,

Thank you for your message.
    I interpreted that 'feature' as a grammar point.... I was thinking down the line of explaining how the negation works, or a particular tense etc....
    As for the school, they will have to put me in one of theirs, when it comes to it, as I do not have any school.

How about you? Good luck with the interview.

Best of luck!

Marie