1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Cider

Discussion in 'Personal' started by regencyrob, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Stella have brought out a new cider - sorry cidre
    Out of all of the new 'fashionable' ciders do you have a favourite?
    I have to say mine is the south african Savannah Dry
    What do you like and why?

2. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Don't know if it's particularly new or fashionable, but Aspalls Premier Cru dry cider is fantastic!
    Wish I had some to hand now instead of boring tea. [​IMG]

3. Thatcher's is the best around these parts (Somerset); Gold and Katy are very good, as well as some of their other single apple variety ciders:
    http://www.thatcherscider.co.uk/age-verification.ashx

4. That is what I am drinking right now - great value in Costco

5. I tasted some of those at the good food show last summer!
    Katy is delicious! Do they do one called Cox's?

6. anon468

anon468 New commenter

It's bloody lethal though, rob. Two bottles and that's me done.
    Unless I particularly fancy a diamond splinter headache and a mouth like Turkish wrestler's jockstrap in the morning... [​IMG]

7. I had a few real ales earlier now on 4th bottle of it!!

8. anon468

anon468 New commenter

Oooyah! Pint or two of water and two paracetomols before bed, young man.
    Thus speaks the voice of bitter (ha, ha!) experience. [​IMG]

9. Since I got my Costco card I have been drinking it a lot as its cheap - but still prefer Savannah Dry which is on offer at Tesco right now!

10. Yep, another single variety cider; a little sweeter, without being sickly.

<font face="Times New Roman"> </font>

11. Yes chaddar i like that too - my mate has a swedish girlfriend and he loves Rekorderlig but I find it too sweet

12. Been considering trying to find the ultimate 'snake bite'; Katy (7,4%ABV) with a Kronenbourg or may be try with a german Weiss Bier (Paulaner, maybe Schneider...)
    [​IMG]

13. Get your Cider out of my Kronenbourg!! Though you could call it KK or Double K
    HOw about Kasteel Cru with a Katy? a Kay-cee K

14. Better stock up on the Nurofen...[​IMG]

15. Yeah maybe - but the only place you can buy Kasteel Cru round here is &pound;10 for 6 so wont be buying any soon and when I do it will be unpolluted!

Shall I start a lager thread to go with the cider and whisky threads?

16. Definitely; much prefer the lager 'high' to an ale's meloncholy daze.

17. 1664 wins hands down though so no point

18. ditwee

ditwee New commenter

Takes me back...at the very opposite end of the spectrum, when I was a student we drank Newcastle brown mixed with cider. Brave souls mixed it with Diamond White cider. It was a local thing.

19. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Mr K loves this stuff and the Koppaberg (sp?) both in mixed berry flavour. It's vile if you ask me, sweet and sickly. We also bought some Stella Cidre, it's still in the fridge as neither of us liked it. I've decided I just don't like cider full stop.

20. Being of the girl variety... I rate Jacques and currently loving the Stella cidre!!