1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Church Schools

Discussion in 'Thinking of teaching' started by anon331, May 4, 2011.

1. Well what's the point in you applying to them? That would be like me applying to an Islamic school when I'm not Muslim... it just doesn't make sense, I'm not going to want to live by their rules even just at work! There are plenty of schools out there which aren't CE schools and so I would recommend that you focus on those. If you are so against committing yourself to their Christian ethos then I don't think it's in the best interest of the school or yourself to even apply.

I went to a CE primary school and the 'christian ethos' is very much a large part of the school, its teachers, its students, its atmosphere. It is not this little part of the school that's only brought out in RE, there will be religious songs and prayers in assemblies etc. it'll be a big focus. If you're not committed to that then leave the job to someone else who is and so who will, in my opinion, be better fitted to the job and deliver teaching there better.