1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Christ's Hospital School- possible questions for student entrance interview

Discussion in 'Independent' started by Karvol, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Karvol

Karvol Occasional commenter

My advice would be to NOT tutor a child as to what questions could be asked.
    It is important that a child enters the school on his or her own merits. A boarding school is not for every child and part of the interview process would be to ascertain if a child would be comfortable at the school or not. It is important that the responses a school receives are genuine.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

And I shall add: do NOT prompt the child about questions that THEY should ask.
    I would have a villa in Mustique if I had a quid for every ten-year-old child who asked me: "If you could change just one thing about this school, what would it be?".
    Normally the same ten-year-old aspirant who told me the person she would most like to spend a day with was Posh Spice.
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

3. Independent schools, like Oxbridge, do not want to hear 'rote', or prepared, answers. They will be trying to get to know what type of student/person the child is and figure out if they're the type of student who would fit in and succeed in the environment.
    Due to the nature of this particular establishment, it's also going to depend on place availability and the fee structure, and who else is there on the day.
    Best of luck to the child, it's a lovely school!