1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas Tips

Discussion in 'Personal' started by anon2113, Dec 19, 2011.

1. The bin men......less mess.

2. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I don't tip.

But... you had post yesterday? WOW!

I only received the post just now... at half five!

3. Should have tipped your postman last year.

4. anteater

anteater New commenter

Be careful what you tip your postman, or he could be charged with bribery, apparently!
    We don't have the last two on your list, but never tip the post man or bin men. I know my parents used to do this when I was little, but I thought it was something that had pretty much died out. Should I be doing it?

5. magic surf bus

magic surf bus Star commenter

I have to drag my bloody wheelie bin ten times further than the bin men. They should tip me.

6. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

I know! That's what threw me!
    Our usual postie tends to hoard our mail and just make a couple of trips a week.
    Maybe the Post Office are trying to deal with the Christmas post by having the occassional Sunday delivery?

7. anteater

anteater New commenter

Maybe he is an imposter. You should tip him one of the kiwi fruit left at the end of polly.glot's road.

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

We too had post yesterday- from the Book People! (We're in a rural village area too!)
    Even stranger, no-one knows who ordered the book, but it is correctly addressed to my husband? Presume it'e some friend, but it would be nice to know who, so we could thank them.

9. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I've received 2 things recently - no idea who from.
    Shame, really...

10. I'm not middle class enough to have a veg box deliverer.
    No post on this street since Thursday. There'll be no tip for the postman either.

11. Bethannie

Bethannie New commenter

A book arrived in my name at Mum's address. Presumably family...who else would send it there? It's a title I have listed on my Amazon wish list - but wasn't bought through Amazon. (So I've now taken it off the wish list!) ....But no one is admitting to having sent it!
    Maybe on Christmas Eve someone will let me know who to thank!

12. kittylion

kittylion Established commenter

I don't tip anyone. My parents tip the postman because she says they get a lot of post, well I think I do too, but the postmen seem to change a lot over the year - nobody tips me[​IMG] (joking!)

13. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Star commenter

Im looking for a sexy woman dressed in exotic underwear....if you find the postie has delivered her wrongly to your door could you readdress it back to me..ill tip the postman for quick delivery![​IMG]

14. reddevil

reddevil New commenter

There always used to be post on the Sunday before Christmas although I had thought they'd stopped it.

15. Honey Loop

Honey Loop New commenter

I never tip anyone but my hairdresser.
    Mainly due to the fact that I never see the postie or binmen, but also due to the fact that I don't understand why people would tip them? I don't understand.

16. Ive been collecting those royal mail cards that you get when they cant deliver a parcel, with the intention of collecting them altogether. But yesterday the postie arrived to 'redeliver' one of them! Nice of him, but if theyd looked in the depot theyd have noticed the other 3 that couldve been delivered too! Ive never known that to happen, or to get post on a Sunday.