1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas Quiz for your classes

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tafkam, Dec 5, 2009.

1. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Thought it was worth bringing up here.
    A few years ago I made an interactive Christmas Quiz for my students. I've updated it every now and then and the latest version is on the Resource Bank
    http://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6025924
    There is a Promethean version which you can use ActiVote for if you have it. Alternatively, there are some Powerpoint versions.
    Hopefully something easy-to-manage for the last week of term.

2. tafkam

Thought it was worth bringing up here.
    A few years ago I made an interactive Christmas Quiz for my students. I've updated it every now and then and the latest version is on the Resource Bank
    https://www.tes.co.uk/article.aspx?storycode=6025924
    There is a Promethean version which you can use ActiVote for if you have it. Alternatively, there are some Powerpoint versions.
    Hopefully something easy-to-manage for the last week of term.

3. Bsmirched

Bsmirched New commenter

That's great, Tafkam, thank you.

4. tafkam

Bump before most people's last day!

5. I used it today with my Year 6 class, had them "singing" along to all I want for christmas is you...without realising they had sung the answer. I was also accused of outright lying about the WW1 football match and that Oliver Cromwell banned xmas. Great fun. I also did a few bonus questions to mix it up a bit. OVerall, an entertaining christmas quiz that lasted well over an hour, with debates and random accusations! I have to say the Questionsfirst quiz makes it a lot easier to run the quiz and put chn in teams etc. Although I have to admit, I pretended I had stayed up all last night compiling the quiz for them. Ha!

6. tafkam

7. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

That's half an hour of the last morning of term taken care of!
    A great quiz - Thanks tafkam.

8. Thank you very much Tafkam - a great activity for this end of term!

9. greenpaddy

greenpaddy New commenter

Thanks again for such great resources.

10. I shall be using it with my KS2 class, dont care if they know the answers, it will be fun!!! Thank you soooo much

11. manic28

manic28 New commenter

Thanks. Really good. Where did you find the time for that? [​IMG]

12. tafkam

Bump for 2011

13. nick909

nick909 Lead commenter

Still got mine downloaded from last year [​IMG]. Was only thinking earlier that this will be making an appearance next week.
    Superb stuff, and thanks again, Tafkam.

14. Many thanks
    Will be sharing this in school tomorrow and using on the last couple of days.
    A lovely resource
    PM