1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas Presents - Year 6

Discussion in 'Primary' started by tick/star/smileyface, Nov 30, 2011.

1. tick/star/smileyface

tick/star/smileyface New commenter

Hello there. Anyone got any suggestions for affordable presents to give to my LARGE class of year 6s? Key stage 1 are so easy to please and I am a bit stumped with what to get my year 6s this year!

2. tick/star/smileyface

tick/star/smileyface New commenter

Hello there. Anyone got any suggestions for affordable presents to give to my LARGE class of year 6s? Key stage 1 are so easy to please and I am a bit stumped with what to get my year 6s this year!

3. I gave mine tennis balls from ToysRus one year which went down well although they weren't brilliant quality. Otherwise pens and pencils are fine or those ball bearing maze puzzles.

4. how about a class present from a charity eg a goat from oxfam

5. kittenmittens

kittenmittens New commenter

You could get them something to use as a class, eg board game for the wet play cupboard, new felt tips for colouring, playground balls, ingredients for a cooking session, books or comics for the book corner... the year 6s at my school have just done animation using play doh and they loved it, a huge tub costs £15 from Asda and they're using it for 20 mins golden time on a friday. Why not collect ideas from them, and have a vote? If you give them a cheap toy each, and it would have to be cheap as it's x 30-something, it will soon be forgotten. Although, my y3s in past years have been very pleased with sparkly pencils from the pound shop in packs of 10!

6. greta444

greta444 New commenter

The book people have some great sets of books. They work out at about £1 each. That's what I've got mine.

7. One of these each http://www.dunelm-mill.com/shop/rainbow-barrel-mug-184802, sachet of hot chocolate and a handful of chocolate coins in each.

8. What a brilliant idea...I am going to do it but I am going to get those ceramic pens to write a personal message to the kids...