1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas Poetry

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by JosieWhitehead, Oct 31, 2015.

?

Which of my Christmas poems did the children enjoy most?

1. Did they perform the poems well?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Did they make costumes?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JosieWhitehead

JosieWhitehead Star commenter

If you simply Google JOSIE'S POEMS you'll come to lots of new poems for your class which I, retired teacher, have written, encouraged greatly by the children in my local school. Go to my main poetry index and you'll see a link to my Christmas poems.

I'm trying to encourage teachers to show children that poetry is a performing art and it links wonderfully to song, to music, to drama and, yes, even to dance. It also makes for wonderful puppetry, if it is written with a story - and my poems are. It also links well to the other arts subjects, ie illustration, photography, film, animation.

I've written lots and lots of Christmas poems, but do go and see my most popular poem of all for the Christmas season if you are teaching religious education in particular, ie "The Best Donkey of Them All." All of your children, whatever their religion, will love this poem and it will make a fantastic Christmas performance poem for the class, especially if the children make costumes etc. I'd love to hear from any of you who are using my poems. You're freely welcome to them, but I do like to hear from teachers in my guestbook, or an email, and I'm often rewarded for my hard work by being invited into classrooms via Skype, to see what the children are doing and to meet them (and they meet me) - and to encourage them. This, for me, is the reward of writing for children and Skype has taken me into classrooms worldwide. Once a teacher, always a teacher and I taught all my life very happily. Josie