1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Christmas leftovers

Discussion in 'Personal' started by Ibuzzybea, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Ibuzzybea

Ibuzzybea Occasional commenter

So there's a whole bunch of stuff to be found when googling Christmas leftovers but do you guys have any creative ideas? I'm making Gary Rhodes Christmas oudding mouse, attempting

2. Check out the cookery threads.

3. The down side of going out for Christmas day is, no leftovers.

4. paulie86

paulie86 New commenter

We always have another Christmas roast dinner! [​IMG]

5. We ususally do, using left over meats and fresh veg but ther's only me and two year old grandson so didn't buy turkey.

6. Currently making Turkey curry and rice!

7. smoothnewt

smoothnewt Lead commenter

We had a really tasty "bubble and squeak" today comprising all the leftovers: potatoes, parsnips, peas, carrots, stuffing, sausages, sprouts - and served with cold turkey and cranberry sauce. Absolutely delicious and no need for any fancy recipes.

8. bbibbler

bbibbler New commenter

The only thing I have left is a monster Hangover.

Tell me how to refry that?

9. I blame the inlaws - greedy bastards, the lot of them.

cyolba, cooking an off-the-cuff chilli. Well, it IS Christmas :)

10. phlogiston

phlogiston Star commenter

Bought a box of cobra and some Adnams for beer drinking (adult) nephews. They decided to stick to Cola. Unfortunately some of the cola is left but most of the beer remains. This is a great pity.
    Chicken pasta bake today, spicy chicken with pilau rice yesterday.
    We have rather an overflow of pickle jars brought by guests.
    P

11. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Why do people cook to much?

I don't get it!

12. We purposely cook too much turkey, stuffing and bubble and squeak so that we can have cold turkey and stuffing sandwiches and cold meat and bubble and squeak in the days following! I had turkey and stuffing sandwiches for lunch and bubble and squeak and cold meat for dinner...I love it! None of it will be wasted...the amount cooked is the amount that we will eat...we just don't eat it all in one day!

13. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

i want a turkey sarnie! we were away, and xmas tea was all fiddly bits. no cold turkey on the table, no pickles or owt... :(

14. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Then make one! You can buy cold turkey...

15. emilystrange

emilystrange Star commenter

i might have to. won't be one of me mam's sarnies, though

16. Just cut out the heroin addiction :)

17. Does anyone know how long Beluga caviar lasts once opened?

18. On the rare occasions it has made an appearance in the cosmos household - about an hour.
    [​IMG]

19. lol...I'm just wondering if it tastes any better once it has "matured" for a few weeks?

20. Ok. Have had a quick google and it would seem that 2 days is as long as it should be kept after opening. If you are having a problem eating it all bauble, I'm happy to come and help you out - I'll even bring a bottle of bubbly!